(Add an additional $20 for out-call mobile spray tan services)
SPRAY TAN PREP
1. exfoliate at least 8 hrs before spray tan appointment with a salt scrub or loofah. Be sure to pay extra attention to areas like the knees, elbows, or any other rough patches of skin
2. Shave any unwanted hair on your body prior to spray tan. If you shave after getting a spray tan, this can effect the evenness of the tan. Do not wear any type of creams, oils, lotions, makeup, perfume, or deodorant to your tanning appointment. These things can create a barrier on your skin and tan solution can't cure properly.
3. Wear loose fitting dark clothes that you don't mind the possibility of it getting stained. Do not worry if you prefer not to be naked during treatment and you don't want to ruin your undergarments. I have disposable undergarments as an option for you. BAGGY T-shirts, lose fitting pants, and sun dresses are perfect examples of they type of clothing to wear.
4. Plan your day on the day of your spray tan appointment so that you avoid any strenuous activity that will cause you to perspire. No swimming, sauna, hot tub, steam rooms, or tanning beds til at least 8-12 hrs after your appointment for optimum tan integrity.
Spray Tan After-Care
- Wait at least 8 to 12 hours after application before you shower. This will allow time for the self-tanning reaction to occur on the skin.
- Don’t worry if you see color wash off from your first shower, this is normal. What you see washing off is the immediate cosmetic bronzer and what is left behind is a beautiful sunless tan.
- Do not apply moisturizer until after your first shower, for this could affect the immediate reaction of the sunless solution on the skin and cause streaking.
- Do not exfoliate skin for at least 48 hours after your sunless tanning application. When you do exfoliate, do so gently and evenly to preserve an even sunless tan.
- If sun-bathing remember to wear a sunscreen. Sunless products do not contain sunscreen. Although you look like you have a tan, you will still need a sunscreen to prevent your skin from burning.
- Spray tans can last from 4 – 10 days if cared for correctly. To maintain your tan, make sure that you moisturize and use CORRECT products. Using the wrong products can cause your tan to fade quicker than normal.
- The following is a list of body care products that could potentially have a fading or blotchy effect on your spray tan. This is only a guide and not every client will have an issue with these items or products:
- AHA products
- Anti-acne products that exfoliate or dry the skin
- Anti-aging products that exfoliate skin
- Bar soaps
- BHA products
- Retin-A products
- Body Hair Bleach Products
- Toners containing Alcohols or Witch Hazel can lighten tan
- Facial masks & exfoliating scrubs
- Body spray, perfumes, and bug spray when they are sprayed directly on skin. We recommend that you
- spray your clothing or spray into the air then walk through.
- Hair inhibiting Lotions can cause your tan to yellow
- Exercising often or large amount of sweating can cause your tan to fade faster, especially in body fold areas.
- Makeup remover cleaning products or oils
- Submersion in hot tub or swimming pool and sometimes even habitual long hot baths.
Detail Work $10
Color Darkener Drops $10
deepens immediate color and washes off with first shower with soap and water
DHA Level Booster Drops $10
deepens your developing tan
Shimmer Drops $10
Great for Brides, Clubbing, Photo Shoots, Or just for fun!
Buy 4 get 5th Free $120
Parties of 5 or more receive a 10% discount