What should you do After your Eyelash Extension appointment?
- Brush and groom your lashes gently with a disposable mascara spoolie or eye shadow brush (best choice).
- Maintaining a clean eye area and lashes daily will help preserve the health of your eyes and lashes. It will also help preserve your investment so that you can go longer between fills.
- A Gentle alcohol free pump style foaming cleanser is recommended to remove any trace makeup, dirt, and debris. Using gentle hands use only upward strokes to cleanse lash line. Use handfuls of clear water to rinse face. Another way that you can cleanse your lashes nightly, is by applying a few drops of Johnson's & Johnson's baby shampoo in a small cup of warm water swirl your disposable mascara wand in solution. Gently brush through lashes from the base of lash line, out to tips a few times, rinse with clear water. Do not let shower water pour down on lashes. Do not dry lashes with a towel or cotton fuzzy products. Use a blow dryer set on cool setting may be used to dry lashes. ALWAYS DRY LASHES BEFORE GOING TO BED
- Wash your eyes and lashes daily to reduce the possibility of sensitivity reactions
- Clean your eye make-up, but be gentle with your Extensions.
- Remember to come in for touch ups (I recommend every 2-3 weeks to keep them always looking fresh).
- Treat your eyes gently - as if you have makeup on that you don't want to smudge
- Try to sleep on your back or side, avoid smashing your lashes completely as you sleep.
- When using night creams/serums, apply sparingly and blot off excess.
- When you touch your lashes, always use upward, sweeping motions - no side to side rubbing at the lash line.
- Keep your fingers off your lashes. Everytime you touch them you are transferring natural oil and germs
- Do not perm or tint lashes after lash extension application.
- Do not use a regular eyelash curler to curl Extensions (you won't need to curl your extensions). If you want to curl your lashes, only use a heated crimp less lash wand.
- Do not rub your eyes or lashes when washing your face. Clean around the eyes with a wash cloth.
- Do not pull your lash extensions, as it will take out your own lash as well!
- Do not go in a Sauna while wearing Eyelash Extensions for at least for 48hrs. Do not get them wet at all for 24hrs.
- If you choose to wear mascara - only apply to the tips and use water-based mascara that washes off easily.
- Do not try to remove the Extensions on your own, call me and I will remove them without harming your natural lashes.
- Do not cut the Extensions (you may accidentally cut your own lashes).
- Never tug, twist, pick or pull at your lashes or extensions.